General Auction Infomation
About Our Sales and Sale Rooms
- Printed Catalogues For Our General Sales Are On Sale At The Sale Rooms On The Day Of The Sale From 11.00am.
- Our General Weekly Sales Are Every Sunday. Viewing is On Wednesday's Between 9.00am and 3.00pm And On The Day Of The Sale From 11.00am To 2.00pm.
- Sale Starts At 2.00pm (Prompt). (****Please Make Note Our New Start Time****)
- Going Under The Hammer Are Between 600 and 700 Lots.
- We Have a Café On Site, It is Open From 12.00/6.00pm and Serves Hot and Cold Drinks, Hot & Cold Snacks. Pies, Sausage Rolls, and The Famous Staffordshire Oatcakes, Along With Sandwiches, Cakes, etc.
- Sales Usually Finish Between 6.00 / 7.00pm
- Buyers Don't Have To Stay To The End Of The Sale To Pay and Collect Their Items, Payment, and Collection Can Be Made At Any Time During The Sale.
- Sale Room Opening Hours Are------- Sunday 6.00am To End Of Sale Usually Between 6.30pm And 7.30pm.Monday 6.00am To 1.00pm -2.00pm To 4.00pm.Wednesday 9.00am To 4.00pm.---Tuesday, Thursday, Friday And Saturday (CLOSED).
Buying and Selling Infomation
- Buyers Premium
There will be a minimum charge of £1.75 added to every hammer price up to £17.00 and then the buyer’s premium will be set at 10 %.
- How To Bid
There are 3 methods of bidding at A.S.H Auctions. In person when you visit the saleroom. By Absentee bids by Commission Bids or Live Telephone Bids. These two methods will be explained below.
Before you can bid you have to register with us for a bidding number .you can do that in person on the day of the sale or if you are going to bid via commission bid or telephone bid you can register when you first make contact.
Once registered the numbered issued to you will remain yours for future sales.
Absentee Bids (Commission bids)
If you can't make it to the salerooms on the day of the sale you can leave a commission bid(s) by telephone or email. Commission bids via telephone excepted up to 3.30pm on the day of the sale. Commission bids via e.mail excepted up to 10.30pm on the day prior to the sale.
You can also ask for a condition report on the lots and we will get back to you with the information. Once you have decided what lots to bid on leave your highest bid and the auctioneer will bid up to that amount on your behalf.
If You are successful you will be contacted the day after the sale to arrange payment, pick up, delivery, etc.
Absentee Bids (Live Telephone Bidding) This method allows you to bid for your item/s as if you were at the saleroom. To book a telephone spot please phone us before 4.00pm on the day of the sale on 01782 792585 or 07778 347125. We will take your contact details and explain to you how the telephone bidding works.
We have several telephone numbers that we use and three staff who deal with telephone bids so why not try it, it's a sure way of not losing that all important item/s.
For further information on any of the above or any other queries please Contact us.
- All items must be paid for within 3 days of sale. If not then a late payment fee of 10% will be added. All lots must be collected within the 7 days after the sale, if not then a storage fee will be added. That will be £1 per lot per day. If you are having a problem paying within that time, i.e. you are going on holiday, then please get in touch and we can discuss it. You will be sent a reminder about payment on a Tuesday, please do not ignore it.
- Selling Commission is set at ONLY 15.00% of the hammer price.
- NO V.A.T.
- NO Lotting Up Charges
- No Sale Charge------As long as we agree with the reserves there is NO charge. If we don't Agree the vendor has the option of either reducing the reserves, taking the items home or be prepared to be charged a 65p no sale charge per item.
- Free valuation on any items for sale.
- Fast cash or cheque payment on goods sold. For further information on any of the above or any other queries please Contact us.
- All items not sold must be picked up within 7 days of sale they were in. If not then a storage fee will be added, £1 per item per day.and if left over 2 weeks, unless discussed with either Maria or Lee, they will be put back in and proceeds given to charity.