General Auction Information
A. Items For Sale.
1. Items are invited for all our weekly general sales, items include pottery, furniture, jewellery, clocks & watches, brass & copper, glassware and general collectables and items of interest.
2. Some items are not suitable for sale by auction, either because they are not saleable or we are restricted from selling them due to laws and regulations. Please contact the auctioneers for more details
1.Selling Commission -12.5% of the hammer price
2. No Sale Charge------There is no charge as long as we agree with reserves
3.Buyers Premium ----There will be £1.25 added to every hammer price
4. Withdrawn Lots------Should vendors withdraw catalogued lots from the auction after they have been entered into the catalogue A.S.H. Auctions may at their absolute discretion charge upto 12.5% of the estimated auction price.
C. Postal Service
1. If Buyers Require Their Items To Be Posted , We Offer a Postage and Packing Service At Cost.We Use Royal Mail For This Service ,If you Require any Special Methods Please Contact Mrs Glennis Hughes Using Our Contact Page
D. Transport of Larger Items
1. Normally we do not transport items from our sale rooms. However if you require assistance with the delivery of lots purchased this can be arranged with independent contractors. Please ask the auctioneers for further details.
E. Condition Reports
1. Due to a vast increase in absentee bidding we are having to do more condition reports, We have over 500 lots passing through each of our weekly sales making it very difficult and time consuming to examine ever single item. Items that we have been asked to give condition reports on are only given a visual inspection, that means in the case of say ceramics, we visually check for any obvious damage or repair. We DO NOT use any other inspection devises apart from when asked for hallmarks where we use a magnifying glass if needed. Buyers must be aware that a sale by auction is still basically a trade sale and to be sure they should really attend the sale and inspect the items themselves.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Terms of Payment: Full payment in cash, certified funds, or wire transfer is due immediately upon completion of the auction. All acceptable certified funds shall be made payable to (See The Office Staff For Details)." NON-CERTIFIED CHEQUES WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IF ACCOMPANIED BY A VALID BANK GUARANTEE LETTER.
NO WARRANTIES. Every item and lot in the "Auction" (as that term is defined in the attached Bidder Registration Card) is sold: (a) AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS BASIS AND WITHOUT RECOURSE", and (b) with no warranties, guarantees or representation of any kind or variety, whether expressed, written, implied or otherwise.
PAYMENT. Balance of full payment in cash or certified funds is due immediately upon completion of the Auction. All acceptable cheques shall be made payable to the order of (See Office Staff For Details). .", which is the "Auctioneer" for the Auction. While advance wire transfers are possible, contact the Auctioneer for details. Non-certified cheques will only be accepted if accompanied by a valid bank guarantee letter in the following form: "The undersigned Bank guarantees payment of any and all checks payable to (See Office Staff For Details), from (Name of Bidder) on account #_________________up to the aggregate amount of £___________________. This letter is valid for purchases made at the auction of (Name of Seller) on (Date of Auction)."
Conditions Of Sale